Estimated reading time 5 minutes, 55 seconds.
“As 2025 rapidly approaches — the target date for most OEMs to certificate their aircraft — the focus is now shifting to the entry of air taxis into commercial airline service. The AIRTAXI World Congress will be the front and center of this change,” said Mike Howarth, chairman at Global Travel Investments.
AIRTAXI World Congress 2023, hosted by the San Francisco International Airport from Oct. 2 to 5, is the only event entirely dedicated to air taxis and urban eVTOLs. It brings together not only suppliers and OEMs but also investors, operators, airlines, airports, vertiports, and urban infrastructure stakeholders for personalized, pre-arranged meetings.
The AIRTAXI 2023 program will focus on two essential areas: the operationalization of air taxis and the development of new air services. The program includes:
- AIRTAXI and Partner Airline Briefings: Will operators actually operate?
- Countdown to Certification & Air Traffic Alignment
- How to prepare your Airport for AIRTAXIs, eVTOLs, eCTOLs, Delivery Drones
- AIRTAXI Vertical Integration in Aerospace
- AIRTAXIs as Regional Feeders for commercial airlines
- AIRTAXIs as Hub Feeders or Point to Point
- Route Network Planning & Forecasting
- New local & Regional Air Services
- New Regional OmniHubs
- Focused Local Services e.g., Hotels, Commercial Areas
- AIRTAXIs and Regional Airport Readiness
- Additional Hub Network Feed & Multimodality
- New Inward Investment Clusters and Innovation Districts
The personalized pre-arranged meetings in 2023 will be positioned in their appropriate Meeting Zone and organized according to the changing needs of the air taxi industry:
- Meeting Zone West: Focusing on Aircraft, Tech, and Alignment issues
- Meeting Zone East: Focusing on the Air Service potential of air taxis
- VIPs, Investors, Airlines, and Operators have special access to the Investor’s Lounge
- Private meeting rooms are also available for investors
These pre-scheduled meetings involve over 400 key decision-makers from top Air taxis, Charter Operators, Business Jets, International & Domestic Airlines, Airport Authorities, Urban City Planners, Vertiports, Leasing Companies, and Investors from various countries including Japan, Singapore, South Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, UAE, UK, Germany, France, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Latin America, and the USA.
The 2023 attendees include San Francisco Airport CCO and CFO, Cincinnati Airport CIO, Abu Dhabi Airport VP, Edmonton Int. Airport, Groupe ADP Deputy Director Innovation, United Airlines Ventures President, Munich Airport VP Corporate Development, Aeroporti di Roma Chief Aviation Officer, Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, Ferrovial Airports, Ports of NY and NJ, Saudia Airlines CEO, Emirates, Lufthansa, EHang CMO, Volocopter, Skyports, Rolls Royce, AECOM, Signature Flight Support, Paris Economic Development Agency, SKYTRAC, Fintraffic Air Navigation, Yoshine Helicopters, and many more.