Established in 2003, Med 1, the PHI Air Medical base in Conroe, Texas, proudly marks two decades of unwavering service to the community this year.
Paul Julander, chief operating officer of PHI Health, said: “At PHI, our mission is to move communities to health, and Med 1 has consistently exemplified this mission. We value their remarkable achievements and the positive impact they’ve made on countless lives. Our entire organization is deeply grateful for their two decades of outstanding service.”
Med 1’s illustrious journey has been adorned with many significant milestones, including:
• The distinction of becoming the first PHI Air Medical base in the state of Texas
• Pioneering several noteworthy “firsts” for South Texas, such as being the first base to transport Impella specialty patients, obtaining, training for, and executing pediatric RAMM Cannula specialty transport, and becoming the sole South Texas base with a 24/7 available balloon pump for specialized balloon pump transports from any location.
• The exceptional expertise of the Med 1 staff boasts a combined experience of 169 years in the medical field among seven clinicians, 109 years of flying experience among four Pilots, and 59 years of experience among two mechanics.
• Consistently delivering the latest evidence-based care during patient transport while fostering collaborations with local hospitals to raise the standard for patient care.
• Active participation in and hosting of community programs designed to enhance safety. These programs include landing zone safety classes, Citizens Academy, the Stop The Bleed Campaign, extrication, airway, push dose pressors, and various other educational sessions tailored for the benefit of local services and communities.
• The maintenance of Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) certification, coupled with a continued leadership role in setting safety benchmarks within the industry.
Base Supervisor David Edwards expressed his gratitude on this special occasion, saying: “We would like to thank all hospitals, EMS, fire, and law enforcement for the support over the past 20 years, while providing great care to their patients. Med 1 will continue to provide excellent care through the most recent, evidence-based medicine.”
As PHI celebrate this 20-year milestone, the company extends its heartfelt appreciation to its dedicated team of pilots, paramedics, nurses, and mechanics for their tireless efforts in ensuring the well-being of patients and staff. The company also thanked the community for their unwavering trust and support over the years.
“We are thrilled to share our 20 years of hard work and honor all the valuable contributions our Med 1 base has made to PHI and the communities they serve,” the company said in a statement. “Looking ahead, we remain committed to being a trusted resource for the local and surrounding communities.”
This press release was prepared and distributed by PHI.