Yellowhead Helicopters is currently seeking applications for licensed Helicopter Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AME) for both full-time and seasonal contract positions. These positions would be operationally controlled out of our Prince George, BC facility and will require travel to various work locations across Canada including locations in remote Northern BC.
Yellowhead Helicopters Ltd. is looking for licensed AMEs that are endorsed on BK 117, Bell 212 or Airbus AS350 series for secured project work. Reporting directly to our Director of Maintenance, these are full time or contract positions, which are available immediately. Postings will be flexible for residing location; however there is additional incentive offered for AMEs willing to relocate to Prince George.
For all positions, AME must hold a Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (M) license; endorsement on aircraft is preferable; strong understanding of the Canadian Air Regulations, excellent communication skills; ability to follow documented policies and procedures including pre- employment drug and alcohol test; Class 5 driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract; and appropriate skills and experience listed by type below. Applicant must not have any criminal convictions that would restrict a foreign work visa. Language of work: English
BK 117, Bell 212 and/or Airbus AS350 series
Endorsed on Bell 212 and/or Airbus AS350 series
2-3 years of experience on type
- Communicate with the pilot with respect to maintenance-related problems and snags, looming inspections, etc.
- Resolve snags and carry out aircraft inspections after the day’s flying is complete. Inspections may be carried out on a progressive basis or all at once. The number of hours required will depend on the assistance that is available (apprentice(s) or engineer(s)) and the nature of the snag/inspection.
- Carry out associated paperwork/ training including Journey Log, Maintenance Log entries and all company required training (DATS) based on regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with the company base to report hours, request parts and supplies, consult on the resolution of specific problems, etc.
- May include work in the evenings and occasionally overnight when inspections are required.
- Conduct the Daily Inspection of the Aircraft at the end of each flight-day.
- May be called upon to do other tasks including but not limited to, building sling loads, coordinating cargo
- transportation, ground travel to receive necessary parts, fueling the aircraft during operations, etc.
- May be called upon to accompany a pilot on short maintenance test flights
- May be called upon to help Base Engineers
- Join the pilot on a ground-run of the aircraft following maintenance and prior to a maintenance test flight
- Carry out other duties assigned
- Full time or contract
- Competitive pay scale with permanent positions $80,000 – $120,000 depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental (including major and orthodontics), short and
- long-term disability, Employee and Family Assistance Program, life insurance, optional critical illness
- Group RRSP/DPSP matching program
Who we are
Yellowhead Helicopters is a family owned and operated British Columbia based firm. Since 1975, YHL has been providing safe and efficient helicopter services to our clients from a base network located throughout British Columbia and Alberta. We are also well equipped to be able to mobilize on short notice and support our customers in remote locations across Canada.
We service the forestry, mining & petroleum, utility, and tourism industries. Our diversified fleet and varied flight missions allows for career progression.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principles of employment equity in all communities where we do business.
Applications are to be submitted to: HR@yhl.ca
Yellowhead Helicopters Ltd. 4275 Hangar Rd.
Prince George, B.C. V2N 4M6
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.