Since 1972 Delta Helicopters Ltd has provided helicopter services to clients across Canada utilizing a fleet of light, intermediate and medium helicopters. Our team of aviation professionals are “Committed to a Safe Experience.” As we continue to provide exceptional customer service, Delta Helicopters Ltd. is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Quality Assurance Manager. Based at our head office in St Albert, Alberta, this full-time position will report directly to the Director of Maintenance.
Quality Assurance Manager
This individual will be required to demonstrate strong leadership, and excellent organizational and communication skills. This individual will also be expected to actively participate in all facets of our operations, including the development of related policies and procedures.
- Hold a Valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence, violation free
- Have at least 6 years experience in helicopter industry including at least 6 months in the last two years
- Demonstrate knowledge of Transport Canada Civil Aviation Regulations as applicable to CAR’s 573.09
- Be qualified as a QA Manager in accordance with the requirements of CAR’s 573.04(4)
- Meet the training requirements as identified in the company Procedures Manual
- Be able to successfully complete a Transport Canada Interview
- Be highly organized and able to effectively manage change in a dynamic operating environment
- Submit to, and pass, a mandatory drug test
- Have strong computer knowledge including the use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SmartDraw and Outlook
- Be team focused with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Bell 204/5, 212, 206, and/or Airbus AS350 helicopter types
- Previous Quality Assurance / management experience in an aviation environment
- Experience with internal and external audits
- Perform Maintenance on helicopters if needed as directed by the Director of Maintenance
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to the Director of Maintenance, the Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) is responsible for the administration and day-to-day function of the Quality Assurance Program as per the company’s MCM/MPM and Procedures Manual, in particular:
- The QAM is responsible to evaluate the maintenance control through periodic and recurring internal audits to ensure areas to be effective in meeting regulations, standards and company policies and procedures;
- Responsible for the completion of quality assurance audit non-conformance findings
- The QAM is responsible for managing non-conformances, corrective actions and assorted reporting, working with cross functional teams to ensure effectiveness of the program
- Participate in quality investigations
- Maintenance of Quality System documentation and processes
- Maintaining an Approved Vendors list in accordance with company procedures manual
- Track all internal and external audit findings
- Ensuring that internal and surveillance audits are carried out on the AMO and any external agency providing services to the organization
- Provide training as required
- Travel to company bases and remote locations as required to conduct evaluations
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should send their resume to:
Harvey Wolfe, Director of Maintenance, email@example.com 1-800-246-5584
We wish to express our sincere appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.