Tests, installs, and/or repairs electrical/avionics equipment and systems, including systems and controls contained in the flight compartment.
Routes wire throughout aircraft tying into both new and factory installed wire bundles and may assist in functional check-out and troubleshooting of all wiring systems.
Performs less difficult assignments without assistance or supervision. Care and precision must be exercised in order to ensure quality installations, on-time deliveries, and satisfied customers.
- A&P License preferred but not required
- Preferred working knowledge of Garmin, Rockwell Collins, Raytheon, and Honeywell avionics systems
- Reliable, self-motivated, and able to deal with stressful situations and timelines while maintaining professional and non-confrontational attitude
- Required to provide own hand tools, marked, shadowed and inventoried
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Preference given to those with experience with medium corporate, turboprop and fighter jet aircraft
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Be physically able to perform aircraft mechanic duties
- Ability to move freely about the interior and in the unpressurized area aft of the aft pressure bulkhead and meet aircraft specific specs for weight limit
- Stand, squat, sit, walk, work with arms overhead for extended periods of time
- Pull, push, and lift up to 50 lbs
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees safe and comfortable, we are implementing the wearing of masks, encouraging 6-foot social distancing, and washing/sanitizing of hands as much as possible which we will provide. In addition we are following our clients’ requests.
- Avionics installs: 5 years (Preferred)